Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What's My Countries Flag???



Oh what it is to be a fifty something retarded old cow who likes nothing more than bitching about everything and talking about the most vulgar of things. This person of course who I don’t know also comes out with the most stupid of things, who would have thought! Now I’m not saying all women of that age are like this, far from it. I’ve meet some really nice no so retarded people in this blogging world who have lots of talent! When I put it like that it kinda sounds wrong doesn’t it??

Okay let’s set the scene, as most of you know I work in a shop and as the world cup is on at the moment someone thought it would be a good idea for us to sell the England flag! Which sadly we have no need of it now. So this conversation took place between my sister and the unknown.

Unknown: Why do we sell these stupid flags away? It’s not even our flag anyway! Ours is the Union Jack.

My Sister: OMG you’re so thick that’s St George’s flag the England flag. How retarded can you be?

Unknown: Oh I don’t understand, the Union Jack’s our flag.

To think that they go on about the young these days knowing nothing! Foe those of you that don’t know, a little history!

Union Jack is the national flag of the United Kingdom. It depicts the union of England, Scotland, and Ireland through a combination of their respective heraldic emblems: the cross of St George, St Andrew and St Patrick. Wales was already joined to England by the Act of Union in 1536, so was not separately represented on the flag.

Please note all members of this story were born in England! For some reason I also put, well did put Union Jake! Can’t think why! Lucky I read over my work this time!

14 Comments:

Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Dude, what's wrong with that woman?! Even I know the difference between the English flag and the Union Jack!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

I know she is so thick! I get so pissed off with the retardedness of people in that place.

Must of them i'm sorry to say are not very bright! I don't know if it is a lack of trying or what!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I can remember learning that back at school, there are flags still attached to nearly every car still round here and England got knocked out of the world cup a week ago

4:59 AM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Oooh! Oooh! Can I try? Correct me if I'm wrong, nrm, but hopefully I learned this correctly:

England is a singular country.
Great Britain is the island composed of England, Wales, and Scotland.
The United Kingdom is the island of Great Britain along with Northern Ireland.

I hope I got that right. You have terribly confusing geography. :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

You are right PG well done!

TBL Canada is part of the Commonwealth

10:43 AM  
Blogger britpopbaby said...

Okay, I'm going to be a geek here and say - you can only call it the Union Jack when it's flying at sea. On land it's called the Union flag.

Do I get extra points?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

I think i have PG in first for knowing so much when she is not British.

Brits you are 2nd, yes extra points of you! Have a cookie!

Sorry the TBL last for you! Yes there are people that can't locate England, shame on them!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Britpopbaby beat me to it - it's the Union FLAG dear :P

Ok, I'll shut up now :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Yes you should!

""Union Jack" was officially acknowledged as an alternative name for the Union Flag by the Admiralty and Parliament in the early 20th century. The term "jack" refers to the flag that is flown from the bowsprit of a ship, often denoting nationality."

At least i'm not that retarded as the unknown women!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

I feel very enlightened. And also proud to have been declared in first place! Go me! :)

One last question...what do you call the whole of the UK AND Ireland together?? I always just say "the British Isles," but I didn't know if there was a more politically correct term since the Irish are, in fact, not British.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Well done PG you are just, well top marks again!

"It consists of the large islands of Great Britain and Ireland; several island groups, namely, the Orkney Islands, the Shetland Islands, the Hebrides, and the Channel Islands; and the Isle of Wight, Anglesey, and the Isle of Man. There are about 5,000 islands altogether in the archipelago, including numerous tiny islets."

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I am not very patriotic, I think it would be amusing if Wales was portrayed on the Union Flag - with a big old leek in the middle. I think a dragon would be a bit too Harry Potter.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Yay, I know my British geography! Anneka, is there really such a thing as "too Harry Potter?" I think not.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Oh PG i love Harry Potter as well!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter