Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lady In The Water

This week it was the turn of “Lady in the Water” staring Paul Giamatti and Bryce Dallass Howard. I can’t say I recall either of these guys although when I looked Bryce up she had been in “The Village” that must have been the reason I liked her in this.


I’m giving you this picture because the other one looks like its set in the middle of winter and something out of “The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe” View other picture here.


Now I had seen the trailer for this, weeks ago and thought it would be a good film to watch but forgot all about it until last weekend when I read a review that only gave it two stars possible one! So I wasn’t really sure how it would be.


The plot

Apartment building superintendent Cleveland Heep (Giamatti) rescues what he thinks is a young woman from the pool he maintains. When he discovers that she is actually a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the journey back to her home, he works with his tenants to protect his new friend from the creatures that are determined to keep her in our world.


I must say I was pleasantly surprised, there is enough to keep you interested and plenty of laughs from Young Soon in the film. I thought this film was really good and you should go watch!

Here are the trailers from the UK and US. You guys in the US have a much better trailer for the film than we do! What do you think??

http://ladyinthewater.warnerbros.com/

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/ladyinthewater/landing.html



4 Comments:

Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Well, I, for one, am intrigued. I want to see it, but I can't seem to find anyone willing to go with me. :( I feel a solo theater trip coming on! Glad to know you found it entertaining. I trust your taste in movies!!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

I think I actually going to see it when it hits us here in Sweden. Is it scary? I don't like scary movies but it always ends up I watch them anyway :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Oh PG i would go with you if with lived in the same country.

Agnes, No its not scary at all, it may make you jump a little in one or two places!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

I look forward to seeing it. I've enjoyed most of his other films. I love most movies that have a surprise end twist.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter