Monday, August 07, 2006

NRM To The Rescue

Forget the RSPB, NRMPB (Nothing Really Matters Protection of Birds). Yes fans I can now add another skill to my CV who would have thought I would be saving birds! Just look at this sweet cat, you just couldn’t believe that this kitty would attempt to take another’s life!

It was a hot and sunny morning when NRM decided to take a stole in the garden. He was startled by Rosie zooming passed with what looked like something in her mouth. On closer inspection NRM could see it was a baby bird.

Rosie thought she was being clever by hiding under a table, little did she know NRM was sneaking up behind her. After dropping the baby bird, Rosie was about to inflect yet more wounds on the poor scared little one. Quick to react NRM gave Rosie a gentle kick up the bum, forcing her to run out of the way. He scoped up the little bird which was shaken from its ordeal and clearly in shock.

NRM Checked the wings of the little one were in full working order and all seemed fine apart from one or two feather falling out! Walking up the garden to find a safe place, little bird took flight and landed in a near by tree. NRM Went back 30 minutes later to check on baby bird to find no sign of him. At the point we assume baby bird lives happily ever after, The End.

7 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

I have been through the same thing with a cat I had. He was TOTALLY happy when he came home with the poor bird an blood was everywher. We took the bird away and it was gone when we came out so I too made a happy ending for the bird.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

You're my hero, NRM!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! (Naughty cat...) Perhaps you can bring it into work and set it on Maggot? :D

11:19 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Thats not a bad idea Deb, I'm sure it will love a fat Maggot!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

She only goes for the birds!

1:18 PM  
Blogger matt of comooxdom said...

I have a tear in my eye. It's like a hollywood blockbuster ;-) I can see you in slow motion running across the garden.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may end up posting this twice cos blogger no like me today. But I once chased a bird out of the kitchen, wearing a washing basket on my head for protection.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter