Wednesday, July 19, 2006

One A Little Hot

The Queen had a garden party on the 18th of which I was unable to attend due to other arrangements. Looks like I made a good choice as 39 palace goers fell pray to this heat wave and were treated for heat exhaustion.


Currently over here in our lovely country we have a hosepipe ban in place and a long list on what you can and can’t do with our water! The Queen is clearly unhappy with the hosepipe ban, pointing at the lawn as she told one guest "Have you seen my garden? It's just like this. We're only allowed to water the flowers.”

I say you would have thought as out earth is coved half in water. Is that right?? I can’t remember and really don’t want to look it up! Also what with the polar caps melting, again fresh water I think! I may just be talking a lot of crap! Anyway why not ship some ice over here and fill our reservoirs with it. Problem solved! There just melting and it will save the sea level rising and a “The Day After tomorrow” style disaster happening!

On a complete random note, I have just run out of “Hollywood Smile” toothpaste at £4.49 ($8) a pop I must be crazy!

9 Comments:

Blogger Becky Heineke said...

The earth is 69% water. As is the human body (or maybe it's 67%...it's damn near a third). Also, conditions relating to global warming have resulted in an uneven distribution of water on land, thus drought conditions often occur in close proximity to conditions associated with flooding. Ooooooh, Prophecy Girl comes through with the knowledge! ;) But I don't blame you for skipping out on the Queen. I only hang with her indoors, personally. :D

5:01 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Thanks PG for that information i really was not up to looking it up!

TBL thank you for you idea!

11:39 PM  
Blogger matt of comooxdom said...

I was actually there with the queen - she asked where you were and I said you were probably busy or something. She rolled her eyes as if you've done this sort of thing before.

As for the water ban - I get up in the middle of the night to water my garden!!! Is that wrong?

5:28 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Thanks for telling her that!

It's only wrong if you are using a hose! I was this old lady using one the other week and was in a really mean mood, i almost reported her!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

TBL you always have such useful tips, ever thought of your own show??

1:41 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

I think the Queen like's to seem normal!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

What a good idea dear!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i live in london i went to the jubilee thingie and saw the queen in real life. i felt like a proper little brit waving my little flag. i kid u not when i say she was like on arms lenght away from me. here in sweden people are envious of me now.. hehe. ;)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

She drovw passed my shop in May and i was outside lookign and she waved at me!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter