Tuesday, August 01, 2006

At Last We Have Pirates


Yes people I finally watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. After three pervious failed attempts remember this: Failed Pirates Mission. The second time we decided to watch the film it was Britain’s hottest July day ever. In fact this is the warmest July on record, now we are in August we seemed to have entered Winter 4 months early!

The third attempt was last week on the second hottest July day ever, in which I found out the air-con was broken at the cinema. With a notice saying it might be slightly warm. Which really means the temperature will be around 38 degrees Celsius and you will be sweating like a pig.

Now that brings us right up to yesterday after much deliberation, my friend and I decide we should go. The film was really good, very funny and I never expected it to end like that I was still waiting for it to carry on and was really disappointed that it did end! The three stars of the film were great, Johnny as Jack Sparrow is excellent. Keira and Orland were pretty good as well.

This was all despite the fact the air-con was still broken so we were all very hot. Do someone people not know when to use deodorant?? My friend was so hot she was pouring water over her self all while I was happily munching on and throwing skittles all over the floor. What fun a Monday night can be!

16 Comments:

Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

Great cinema, cleverly combining the beneficial effects of a sauna and entertainment. Could you pls tell me where it is? :)

Haven't seen either of the two Pirates movies even though I think J.Depp is THE best actor in the universe... Im not a very good fan.

6:18 AM  
Blogger The Real Me said...

NRM, ahh you thought you were being smart weren't you?! Trying to escape the heatwave of the UK by going to a large cinema complex with "air-con", sucked into that one weren't you!!!?!!

Teehee, no I sympathise with you completely, that's what I did on the hottest recorded day.. But I saw Hard Candy instead and left feeling slightly uncomfortable about using the internet to chat again...

x

9:12 AM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Weren't you just dying that it ended in a cliff-hanger?! I don't know how I'll survive until next year. I'm all about instant gratification. :) Great picture, by the way. :D

9:40 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Dora all the cinema's are like that over here. They are so fab you get two jobs done at once!

I bet Leicester Square cinema has good air-con. The tickets for the cost alot!

Amerika was Hard Candy good??? I was thinking of seeing that a while back!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Yes PG i was. It didn’t feel like the end of the film, I so wanted to see more of it! How long do we have to wait??

11:05 AM  
Blogger Linna said...

I'm gonna see it on friday!! I'm so excited now!! Is it like all them Lord of the ring movies that just end when it's getting really interesting? No, wait, don't think I want to know... The anticipation!! :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Good movie and you have to watch the third movie. For how long did you tell us PG that we have to wait, a year!!!!!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Don't worry Linna, i'm not saying anything!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

I think it's currently slated for Memorial Day release of '07. So the end of May?! 10 whole months?! I guess in terms of movies it's not THAT long, but seeing as how they're still filming, I'm getting more and more scared the release date will get pushed back. I have to know what happens!!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

That is so long PG i can't wait that long! At least with a big film they will be out at the same time!

3:33 PM  
Blogger britpopbaby said...

I cannot wait that long! The swines! Orlando Bloom's acting upset me slightly - I was so gunning for Elizabeth to get with Jack (and in the first one too where they were stranded on the desert island together!).

2:33 AM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

^^^ I KNOW! Did you ever watch the deleted scenes from the first one where they're on the island? Sexual tension you could cut with a knife.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Crap You might find i'm not writing another post for a bit as i can't remember my password!

You see i'm not at my normal computer and well all i can say is lucky you!

NRM

2:17 PM  
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

Do people still go to cinema?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Yes they do Just ask Prophecy Girl. I go at least twice a month! sometimes more!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

If me and PG live near each other we would go every day!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter