Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Extreme Weather

It looks as if this heat wave is coming to an end this week with possible thunder storms today and tomorrow! Today we can expect 28 degree Celsius = 82.4 degree Fahrenheit with 47% humidity and a 7 mhp Southwest breeze. Now this is what I call prefect weather conditions.

Okay so now we move on to the storms we had on Saturday. I do love a good thunder storm that is really loud with lots of lightning, how exciting!

Let’s set the scene I was a work as I am every Saturday in my shop and it was very hot and humid with not a lot of sun increasingly dark clouds gathering. It had been trying to rain for well over half an hour when finally the heavens open up and at this point I thought I was being taken to a better place, no such luck!. I was on my lunch at the time in the safety of my staffroom when my manager came in and said have you seen it out there? We opened the fire escape door to find gallons of water overflowing all the drainages pipes.

What’s wrong I hear you ask?? Nothing at this point fast forward half an hour I was on the till and there was no one in sight. So I make the only other staff member doing nothing go on the till so I could go and investigate. Little did I know we had just had a shower installed in a little cupboard we have out the back with stock in. How refreshing you think, in this hot weather!

So I open the door to the back of the shop and find another member of staff holding the cupboard door open and my manager inside trying to rescue the stock, all the while litres of water are pouring from the ceiling making him rather wet! The water is still pouring down and running along the ceiling trickling down the lights heading towards the computer. So here we are rushing around turning off everything, mopping up water socking things up with cardboard.

So by the end of the day we got everything cleared up and dried. Please note the ceiling is made out of these tiles that are really shit and stink when they are wet! Sorry for the crap story I could go on by I’m sure you don’t want to read page and pages of the great flood! I also managed to stay completely dry throughout this ordeal while the others got soaking wet! We had 1.6 inches of rain in a couple of hours.

For some reason you have no pictures as blogger is being retarded or that could be me!

10 Comments:

Blogger Medio Pomelo said...

It's not you, it's blogger :) But I sooooo would love to see a picture of you completely nice and dry and cosy, watching the rest of the office getting soaked to their pants! ;) well done you!

8:56 AM  
Blogger matt of comooxdom said...

I was stuck on the motorway in that rain! Felt like I should have been in a gondola.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Global warming!!! It's scary, isn't it? It's really going to suck if Greenland melts b/c then Europe might get sent into an ice age. That's my pessimistic environmental warning of the day. :D

9:20 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Dora thanks for stopping by. I don't have any picture's of what happened although i was going to use some other that may have help you guys see what i was on about!

BFS~ was it not fun??

1:20 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

PG yet another reason why i should come and work with you!

1:21 PM  
Blogger matt of comooxdom said...

only when I saw a sea horse float past the window...

5:16 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Rain gutters dear sorry did i not make my self clear! Some pipes frezze in the winter. Not mine!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Citizen_Stu said...

I can't wait untill we get a good thunder storm like that over here. The weather has been far to hot.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't deal with this heat, it's not natural I tell you! Although thunderstorms are really cool, and also weirdly sexy if you're with a man outside :D Well, not just any man, I mean, your hubbie or boyfriend, uh, think i'll give up while I'm ahead...

1:15 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Lol Carrie.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter