Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Beach Road

Has anyone read this book??? I’ve seen it adverstised on T.V. and it looks really good! And reading this text I stole from play.com it sounds as if it might be a good read. What do you guys think???

"This title starts with the rape of a young black girl: Nikki Robinson is cleaning the mansion on Beach Road owned by the Merrick family, when the owner's son assaults her. Then, three teenage boys are shot dead on the beach - one is Michael Merrick, and one of the black kids accused of the murders is Nikki's half-brother, Eli. Defending them isn't going to be easy. No witness to the murders can be found. The rich local community don't want any murky secrets revealed about life in the Hamptons. And Tom and Kate, the two lawyers working on the case, haven't exactly been on good terms since their affair broke up".

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/RTS/3-/928731/The_Beach_Road/Product.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Looks like a PERFECT summer beach read. Too bad I don't live anywhere near the beach... You should read it and give us a review. :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger britpopbaby said...

Yeah, review it for us!
It sounds a little depressing. Now I've finished my English degree I'm planning to read shallow chick-lit for the rest of my life.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

I think its only in hardback and very expensive so I may have to wait!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter