Monday, May 22, 2006

Walk The Line



This weeks DVD pick has to be “Walk The Line” staring the fabulous Reese Witherspoon who won an Oscar for her role as June Carter. And to think she was she instructed her lawyers to find a way as she feared she could not sing! Lucky she stuck at it otherwise she would not have that lovely Oscar on the mantel taking pride of place. Joaquin Phoenix also put in an excellent performance as Johnny Cash. This is well worth a watch as I only really went to see Reese in action and was surprised at how good that movie was!

6 Comments:

Blogger Becky Heineke said...

LOVE THIS MOVIE. It is soooo good. They filmed some of it here in Memphis and I could have tried out to be an extra but I didn't know about it and a whole bunch of my friends went and didn't tell me. Losers! One girl I know is featured in one of the deleted scenes, but no one else made the cut. Serves them right for ignoring me. But excellent pick. I have some serious Joaquin love.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Yeah i really loved it! Although it was sad in many parts a great film!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

If i'm ever in Memphis and some filming is going on, I will let you know straight away! How mean of your friends.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

I know! Losers, I tell you! Since then I've tried to be more on top of things with the (extremely small) Memphis movie scene.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Is Memphis Cher's home town?? Or did i just make that up!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Becky Heineke said...

Nope, she doesn't live here. We gave the world Elvis and Justin Timberlake, but the only stars who currently reside in the area (that I know of) are Cybil Shepherd and Stephen Segal. I shook Stephen's hand once. It was very soft and womanly.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter