Sunday, September 17, 2006

Anne Bancroft (1931-2005)

Anne Bancroft was born on this day, but sadly passed away from uterine cancer on the 6th June 2005. It kinda made me sad for some reason today when I looked at IMBd and saw that it would have been her 75th birthday.

So here are a few facts taken from IMBd:

In 1999, she became the fifteenth performer to win the Triple Crown of acting. Oscar: Best Actress, The Miracle Worker (1962), Tonys: Best Supporting Actress-Play, 'Two for the Seesaw' (1958) & Best Actress-Play, 'The Miracle Worker' (1960), and Emmy: Best Supporting Actress-Miniseries/Movie, Deep in My Heart (1999) (TV).

One of only eight actors to have won both a Tony and an Oscar for having portrayed the same roles on stage and screen.

She also got a couple of moths with her Grandson who was born last April.

Quote:

"Life is here only to be lived so that we can, through life, earn the right to death, which to me is paradise. Whatever it is that will bring me the reward of paradise, I'll do the best I can."


I remember seeing her in G.I. Jane, Great Expectations, voice in Antz and more recently Heartbreakers. The one film everyone always talks about i've never seen, The Graduate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

I didn't know that she had past away. It came as a shock for me (I know) I like her in heartbrakers.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Agnes i was kinda a shock for me too!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Nothing Really Matters said...

Thanks for the links Simon.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter